Two Republican presidential debates are scheduled for the same day, with one event billed as the “undercard” to the main event.
Fox Business Network and The Wall Street Journal announced the plans today, with the debates set for Tuesday, Nov. 10. The debates, to take place at the Milwaukee Theatre, will be carried on Fox Business Network and Foxbusiness.com.
FBN’s Maria Bartiromo and Neil Cavuto, along with WSJ Editor-in-Chief Gerard Baker, will moderate the prime-time debate, which will feature the top candidates who are polling at 2.5% or higher at the time, based on four national polls.
The “undercard” will be moderated by FBN’s Trish Regan and Sandra Smith, along with WSJ’s Gerald Seib. Candidates with at least 1% polling in any of the four polls, as of Nov. 4, will be invited to take part.
The undercard begins at 6 p.m. ET, followed by the main event at 9 p.m. ET. A special edition of “Lou Dobbs Tonight” will warm things up starting at 5 p.m. ET.
Here’s the Fox Business Network lineup for Nov. 10:
- 5-6PM/ET: Lou Dobbs Tonight, Live from Milwaukee Theatre
- 6-7:30PM/ET: Republican Presidential Candidate Debate, Live from Milwaukee Theatre
- 7:30-9PM/ET: Lou Dobbs Tonight, Live from Milwaukee Theatre
- 9PM-11PM/ET: Republican Presidential Candidate Debate, Live from Milwaukee Theatre
- 11PM-12AM: Special Edition of CAVUTO: Coast to Coast, Live from Milwaukee Theatre
- 12AM-1AM: Special Edition of Stossel, Live from New York
Post-debate analysis will also be offered on Wednesday, Nov. 11, when a number of FBN hosts will anchor their programs from the Milwaukee Theatre.