The celebrity cast for ABC’s competition show “Dancing with the Stars” has been revealed, with two gold medal-winning U.S. Olympians in the lineup along with sitcom stars, celebrities from music and football, and the former governor of Texas.
Rick Perry, who came up short in his bid for the GOP presidential nomination, will dance on the show, as will Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte and Olympic gymnast Laurie Hernandez.
Actress Marilu Henner, whose credits include a long run on “Taxi,” and Maureen McCormick, known for “The Brady Bunch,” are also in the cast for the new season, which premieres live on ABC on Monday, Sept. 12.
Here’s the full lineup announced today:
- Amber Rose with Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Calvin Johnson Jr. with Lindsay Arnold
- Jake T. Austin with Jenna Johnson
- James Hinchcliffe with Sharna Burgess
- Jana Kramer with Gleb Savchenko
- Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds with Allison Holker
- Laurie Hernandez with Valentin Chmerkovskiy
- Marilu Henner with Derek Hough
- Maureen McCormick with Artem Chigvintsev
- Rick Perry with Emma Slater
- Ryan Lochte with Cheryl Burke
- Terra Jolé with Sasha Farber
- Vanilla Ice (Robert Van Winkle) with Witney Carson
Please click here for bios on each celebrity contestant along with other details in the announcement from ABC.