Logo

Report: Famed Tenor Andrea Bocelli Backs Out of Performing at Trump’s Inauguration — Here’s What Went Wrong

Dec 20, 2016  •  Post A Comment

Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli, who was said to be close to an agreement to perform at Donald Trump’s inauguration, has backed out of the performance, according to a report by The New York Post’s Page Six.

Bocelli reportedly backed out because of the backlash that arose once word got out that he was on track to perform.

“We reported first the famed tenor was being approached to sing for the political event,” The Post reports. “Some fans then floated a ‘Boycott Bocelli’ movement on social media in reaction.”

The report quotes a source saying that by Monday “Bocelli said there was no way he’d take the gig … he was ‘getting too much heat’ and he said no.”

Another unnamed source quoted in the report had a different take, telling the publication: “Trump suggested to Bocelli he not participate because of the backlash. It’s sad people on the left kept him from performing on a historic day.”

As we reported earlier this month, Trump was said to be actively wooing Bocelli, with whom he has a long-standing relationship. Rumors soon began circulating that Bocelli would perform a duet with Jackie Evancho, the 16-year-old “America’s Got Talent” alumna who has reportedly been booked to sing the National Anthem at the inauguration.

5 Comments

  1. What a joke. Let the man sing.

  2. GROW A PAIR. GONNA LET A BIT OF BAD PUBLICITY SCARE YOU OFF. WELL MAYBE NOW THE OTHER SIDE WILL BOYCOTT YOU.

  3. Well there you go. It’s all about your brand and no one is interested in ruining their brand by being any way connected with a buffoon.

  4. Doesn’t really matter either way. No one is interested in watching the embarrassment of this inauguration.

  5. At least he can get Ted Nugent and Kid Rock.

Your Comment

Email (will not be published)