As allegations of sexual misconduct by two-time Oscar winner Kevin Spacey continue to surface, the actor will “seek evaluation and treatment,” according to a statement released today by Spacey’s publicist.
The concise statement reads: “Kevin Spacey is taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment. No other information is available at this time.”
The public allegations against Spacey began when “Rent” actor Anthony Rapp said earlier this week that Spacey had accosted him at a party in 1986, when Rapp was 14.
Rolling Stone reports that since Rapp’s allegation surfaced, “several other men have revealed that they, too, were targeted by the ‘House of Cards’ actor.”
“On Tuesday, filmmaker Tony Montana told Radar Online that Spacey had once aggressively ‘grabbed [his] whole package’ while the two men were at a Los Angeles bar, and then followed Montana into a restroom,” Rolling Stone adds.
Montana is quoted saying: “I backed him out the door and I pushed him. One of his friends was in line and I said, ‘It’s time to take your boy home.’ They ended up leaving.”
Mexican actor Roberto Cavazos wrote on Facebook about his alleged experiences with Spacey at London’s Old Vic theater, suggesting Spacey was known to prey on young male actors.
Cavazos wrote: “It seems the only requirement was to be a male under the age of 30 for Mr. Spacey to feel free to touch us.”
The Old Vic has responded to the allegations, as we reported separately.