An appearance by actor Jeremy Piven on late-night TV was canceled amid an investigation into a sexual harassment allegation against the former “Entourage” star. The Washington Post reports that CBS pulled the plug on a pre-taped interview segment that was scheduled to air Friday on CBS’s “Late Show.”
“In a statement Thursday, a ‘Late Show’ spokesperson said that Piven’s appearance was taped Monday, one day before the accusation by actress and reality star Ariane Bellamar was made public,” The Post reports. “Since the show is unable to address what it called ‘recent developments,’ Piven’s segment is being replaced with a new guest, according to the ‘Late Show’ statement. The substitute guest’s name was not immediately announced.”
CBS has said it is investigating the allegation, as we reported earlier this week.
The Post adds: “On Tuesday, Bellamar said that Piven, the Emmy-winning star of HBO’s ‘Entourage’ and now in the freshman CBS drama ‘Wisdom of the Crowd,’ groped her on two occasions.”
Piven has denied the allegation, calling it “appalling.”