As 2017 draws to a close, the No. 1 most-watched ad-supported cable entertainment network for the 12th consecutive year is USA Network, the network announced today, calling the achievement “the longest streak in television history.”
“USA’s 2017 success was driven by a powerful mix of new and returning series, including ‘The Sinner,’ the #1 new cable series of the year; ‘Chrisley Knows Best,’ the year’s #1 half-hour cable series; perennial ratings juggernauts ‘WWE Monday Night Raw’ and ‘WWE Smackdown Live’; and original dramas ‘Colony,’ ‘Mr. Robot,’ ‘Queen of the South,’ ‘Shooter’ and ‘Suits’ — all of which ranked #1 in their time period among key demos,” USA announced, citing Nielsen L+7 data.
Among the highlights noted in the announcement:
- THE SINNER is the #1 new cable series of the year among P18-49, P25-54, P18-34 and P2+. Throughout its run, the series ranked as Wednesday’s #1 primetime drama in all of television (broadcast and cable) for P18-49, P25-54, P18-34, W18-49, W25-54, W18-34 and W2+. Recently nominated for two Golden Globes® and two Critics Choice® awards, the acclaimed series is also 2017’s #1 new cable drama on STB VOD.
- Driven by WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW and WWE SMACKDOWN LIVE, USA Network is the #1 cable entertainment network on Mondays and Tuesdays (P18-49, P25-54, P2+, M18-49, M25-54, M18-34, M2+).
- USA’s stable of original dramas, including COLONY, MR. ROBOT, QUEEN OF THE SOUTH, SHOOTER, THE SINNER and SUITS, all ranked as the #1 cable drama in their time period during their premiere run.
- Powerhouse unscripted series CHRISLEY KNOWS BEST is the most-watched half-hour series of the year among both P2+ and W2+ in ad supported cable — and the #1 cable entertainment series in STB VOD.
- USA is the year’s #1 cable entertainment network for social engagements (3.3 billion total), more than double its nearest competitor. Additionally, 2017 was USA digital’s best year since 2010 for video streams (web and app).