Logo

Famed TV Chef Mario Batali Under Criminal Investigation

May 21, 2018  •  Post A Comment

Police are reportedly investigating celebrity chef Mario Batali, known for his Food Network shows including “Molto Mario” and “Mario Eats Italy,” in connection with allegations of sexual assault.

The New York Post reports that the NYPD has launched two criminal investigations into Batali after new accusations surfaced that he drugged and sexually assaulted two women. The report cites police sources.

“The department is investigating ‘allegations raised in “60 Minutes” report’ that aired Sunday night involving a former waitress who worked at Batali’s Manhattan restaurant Babbo, a source said,” The Post reports. “The woman said she had been drinking with Batali at another hot spot, The Spotted Pig, and the next thing she knew, she woke up in a fog on the floor in a private room with semen on her skirt back in 2005.”

The woman reportedly told “60 Minutes”: “The first thing I think is, ‘I’ve been drugged.’ That was the first thing I thought is, ‘I’ve been — I’ve been assaulted.’”

The Post adds: “She said she woke up in an empty room on The Spotted Pig’s third floor, which was nicknamed the ‘rape room’ by workers, according to past reports.”

One Comment

  1. The celebrity Chef from the Spotted Pig is soon going to be on the spit (or spot) –

Your Comment

Email (will not be published)