Logo

EW, TVWeek

FX Bails Out on ‘Feud’ Follow-Up

Aug 3, 2018  •  Post A Comment

A previously announced cycle of the “Feud” franchise that was in the works at FX has been scrapped.

The follow-up to 2017’s “Feud: Bette and Joan,” which was to focus on Prince Charles and Lady Diana, is “not moving forward at the moment,” said FX chief John Landgraf during an appearance today at the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills.

“Ultimately, we couldn’t get the material to the place we wanted,” Landgraf added.

Entertainment Weekly notes: “The comments come as ‘Feud’ executive producer Ryan Murphy shifts his attention to making shows for Netflix, where he recently landed a production deal worth $300 million.”

Asked whether the “Feud” series overall has been canceled, Landgraf responded: “I’d say if you asked Ryan, he would still say it’s an active series and he’s still intending to do further cycles. But he hasn’t told me, ‘This is the cycle I’m doing and this is when I’m doing it.’”

One Comment

  1. When can we expect to see Ryan Murphy’s FX series Feud: Bette and Joan on Netflix? Especially, since he recently signed a 300 million dollar production deal with Netflix?

Leave a Reply to Dawn Gray Giani Cancel Reply

Email (will not be published)