A familiar TV face will be returning to NBC after the network confirmed it will be bringing back Chris Hardwick. The confirmation comes a week after AMC announced that Hardwick would be returning to his gigs on “Talking Dead” and “Talking with Chris Hardwick.”
Hardwick was off the air while allegations of sexual assault by a former girlfriend were investigated.
“NBC said that Hardwick will serve as a guest host next Tuesday on ‘America’s Got Talent’ and will return as host for season three of ‘The Wall’ game show,” the AP reports. “Production on ‘The Wall’ is set to begin in the fall.”
Hardwick is due to be back on AMC’s “Talking Dead,” the companion show to “The Walking Dead” and “Fear the Walking Dead,” on Aug. 12.
“In announcing its decision, AMC said it was the ‘appropriate step’ after interviewing a number of people in connection with the allegations against Hardwick,” the AP notes, adding: “Hardwick has acknowledged that an online post by his ex-girlfriend Chloe Dykstra alleging she had been sexually assaulted and emotionally abused referred to him. He has denied the allegations but has said the couple’s three-year relationship was imperfect and included arguments.”