Logo

THR

Democratic Strategist Bails Out on Fox News

Oct 30, 2018  •  Post A Comment

A prominent Democratic strategist who has been a regular contributor on Fox News programs is pulling the plug on his appearances on the channel. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Zac Petkanas says he’s finished with FNC.

“For most of the time I was on Fox, I believed it was really important that Fox’s audience hear a different point of view, that the garbage that they spew gets challenged on the regular,” Petkanas told the publication in an interview. “I think I was successful in challenging it a number of times, but ultimately participating in an illegitimate debate does more harm than good.”

THR adds: “Petkanas, who served as director of rapid response for Hillary Clinton’s losing presidential campaign, estimates that he appeared two or three times per week as a guest on Fox News last year and has already made more than 40 appearances this year (including a viral clash with Corey Lewandowski in June).”

Petkanas has been featured on FNC shows including “Outnumbered Overtime,” “The Story with Martha MacCallum” and “Tucker Carlson Tonight.”

“I can’t go on the program and come home and look at myself in the mirror and say that in the grand scheme, this is pushing the ball forward,” he told THR. “I think everyone should have that conversation, especially in light of the violent attacks over the past week.”

One Comment

  1. He was Hillary’s “Director of Rapid Response.” That tells you everything you need to know. Hey, at least Fox has people on with a differing viewpoint. Try finding THAT on CNN or MSNBC.

Leave a Reply to Sir William Cancel Reply

Email (will not be published)