Actor and talk show host Alec Baldwin opened up about the incident last week in which he was charged with assault and harassment in connection with what has been reported as a dispute over a parking spot.
The AP reports that Baldwin is denying that he punched anyone, and alleges that the assault allegation is being reported “for the purposes of clickbait entertainment.”
As we reported Friday, Baldwin was arrested in New York and accused of hitting another man in the face, according to media reports.
“Baldwin’s publicist declined to comment after the arrest,” the AP notes. “But the actor later tweeted from the account of the Hilaria and Alec Baldwin Foundation that ‘the assertion that I punched anyone over a parking spot is false. I wanted to go on the record stating as much.’”
He also said it has become “a sport” to tag people with as many “negative charges and defaming allegations as possible for the purposes of clickbait entertainment.”
You can see his two tweets on the subject below, from Friday afternoon.
“Baldwin, 60, told police a family member was holding the spot in front of his Manhattan home when a man driving a Saab station wagon pulled up and took it,” the AP reports. “The driver of the station wagon told police Baldwin hit him with his hand, but he wasn’t sure if it was a punch or a slap.
“Police said the 49-year-old driver complained of jaw pain and redness in the neck area and was taken to a hospital.”
Baldwin, who recently launched “The Alec Baldwin Show” on ABC, has a court appearance scheduled for Nov. 26.
Here’s what Baldwin tweeted on Friday …