It’s being called the longest streak in TV history: The No. 1 overall cable entertainment network in total viewers for the 13th consecutive year is USA Network.
The cable network said in an announcement today that it is also on track to finish 2018 as the No. 1 cable entertainment network in the 18-49 demo for the second year in a row.
The announcement cites Nielsen most current data for Jan. 1, 2018-Dec. 16, 2018, and Live+7 through Dec. 2 blended with Live+3 through Dec. 13 and Live+Same Day through Dec. 16; numbers are for Monday-Sunday, 8-11 p.m. Includes ad-supported cable entertainment networks that air in 100% of the daypart,
Among the highlights cited by USA Network:
- USA’s #1 scripted series in total viewers (P2+) — THE SINNER’s second installment, also recently nominated for SAG and Critics Choice awards
- USA’s #1 scripted series in P18-49, P25-54 and P18-34 – THE PURGE
- #1 dramas in their time periods — QUEEN OF THE SOUTH, SUITS and UNSOLVED: THE MURDERS OF TUPAC AND THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G.
- Cable’s #1 and #2 unscripted half-hour series for P18-49 and P25-54 — CHRISLEY KNOWS BEST and WWE spinoff MIZ & MRS
- Freshman series MIZ & MRS also had USA’s #1 unscripted debut since 2011
- Week over week, WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW and WWE SMACKDOWN LIVE are among cable’s top entertainment programs P2+ (#1 or 2 every Monday of the year for RAW, in the top 4 every Tuesday of the year for SMACKDOWN)
- On the strength of RAW and SMACKDOWN, USA was the #1 primetime cable entertainment network on Monday and Tuesday for P2+, P18-49 and P25-54