An autopsy report released late last week by the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office declared that the death of beloved KTLA news anchor Chris Burrous, 43, was accidental.
Burrous, who anchored KTLA 5’s “Weekend Morning News,” reportedly died after overdosing on methamphetamine during a sexual encounter with a male companion.
The New York Post reports that Burrous’ death at a Days Inn two days after Christmas was from “methamphetamine toxicity,” according to the coroner.
“Authorities found Burrous unresponsive in a room in a Glendale Days Inn, after a male companion called 911 to report that the newsman vomited, passed out, and ‘was possibly not breathing,’ the report stated. Burrous was rushed to an area hospital, where he died,” The Post reports. “Earlier, Burrous was engaging in ‘various sexual activities with his companion’ whom he had met four times before through the Grindr app, the report said.”
Variety also reported on the autopsy, noting: “During the encounter, Burrous inserted two ‘rocks’ of crystal meth through his rectum before falling unconscious. … GHB was also found at the scene, although the report indicated it had been consumed by the other man and not Burrous. The other man was not charged with any crime.”
The Post adds that at some point Burrous “placed a mask on and ‘doused the filters with “poppers,”’ an inhalant of amyl nitrate, the report said.”
The Post adds: “Some medical factors, including ‘hypertensive and atherosclerotic cardiovascular heart disease,’ may have also contributed to his Dec. 27 death, the coroner said.”