NBC announced today that the network will bring back the critically acclaimed prime-time comedy series “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” for the 2019-2020 season. The season will be the show’s second on NBC and its seventh overall following its previous run on Fox.
“So far this season ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ has averaged a 1.4 rating in adults 18-49 and 3.9 million viewers overall in ‘live plus seven day’ Nielsens, an increase of 8% in 18-49 rating and 34% or 1.0 million persons in total viewers versus its average at this point last season on Fox (1.3 in 18-49, 2.9 million viewers),” NBC noted in today’s announcement, adding: “‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ is one of the strongest digital performers on the NBC schedule, deriving 45% of its ‘live plus seven day plus digital’ rating in adults 18-49 from non-linear sources, the highest percentage among NBC shows.”
In a joint statement in today’s announcement, Lisa Katz and Tracey Pakosta,co-presidents of scripted programming for NBC Entertainment, said: “It’s been one of our great joys as a network to give ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ a second life. Cheers to Dan Goor, Mike Schur, Luke Del Tredici and David Miner, and our amazing cast and crew who each week turn New York’s finest into New York’s funniest.”
Goor, Schur, Del Tredici and Miner are executive producers on the series. “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” is produced by Universal Television, Fremulon, Dr. Goor Productions and 3 Arts Entertainment.
The NBC announcement adds: “Critics have raved since the show’s NBC launch on Jan. 10. USA Today calls ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ ‘one of the most reliably funny sitcoms on TV,’ the Hollywood Reporter said the series came to NBC ‘without missing a beat’ and Entertainment Weekly said the show has a ‘joyous, goofball energy.'”