Whether the Woodstock 50 festival will go on may be decided in court, with organizers of the event commemorating the 50th anniversary of the original 1969 Woodstock Festival filing a lawsuit this week against one of the investors in the festival, the AP reports.
As we reported last week, Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the primary investors in Woodstock 50, announced that it had canceled the festival. But now the organizers are saying “not so fast,” filing a lawsuit accusing Dentsu of verbally and financially sabotaging the event, which has been scheduled for August in Watkins Glen, N.Y.
The suit has the effect of at least temporarily silencing Dentsu’s claims that the show is canceled.
“A Manhattan judge ordered the company Thursday to stay mum at least until a hearing Monday,” the AP reports, adding: “Woodstock 50 says Dentsu can’t unilaterally cancel the show and improperly snatched $18 million from festival accounts. Dentsu has said it just ‘recovered’ cash.”