Logo

Variety

Veteran ‘Access’ Producers Are Let Go

Jun 7, 2019  •  Post A Comment

A number of longtime producers of “Access” and “Access Live” have been let go from the entertainment newsmagazines in a round of layoffs, Variety reports, with the job cuts affecting both New York and Los Angeles.

“’Access’ — formerly ‘Access Hollywood’ — has let go supervising music producer Nancy Harrison and senior news producer Christine Fahey,  along with supervising producers Ryan Patterson and Adam Jordan and crew coordinator Steve Holt,” Variety reports. “All had been with the show for two decades. In addition, supervising producer of TV coverage Stephanie Murphy and senior news consultant Diana Dasrath have been laid off as well. Sources say all were informed of the decision on Thursday.”

Variety adds: “An individual with knowledge of the layoffs said that they came as part of the new creative direction ‘Access’ is taking under the direction of executive producer Maureen FitzPatrick. Three months ago, longtime ‘Access’ executive producer Rob Silverstein exited after having been with the show since its launch. At that time, Silverstein said in a memo to staffers that his ‘vision of the show moving forward differs from the management team.’ FitzPatrick was named as his replacement.”

3 Comments

  1. Not surprised!!!! There a “Shakeup” going on at “Access”.

  2. “Direction” or “Economics?”

  3. Maureen is a consummate pro. I’m excited to see what she does!!

Your Comment

Email (will not be published)