Logo

Variety

Warner Bros. Exec Details Allegations Against ‘Full House’ and ‘Fuller House’ Creator

Jun 13, 2019  •  Post A Comment

Allegations against Jeff Franklin, the creator of “Full House” and “Fuller House” who was dropped from the reboot last year, have been detailed by a Warner Bros. executive, Variety reports.

“Franklin filed a lawsuit in April against writer Bryan Behar, who became the showrunner upon Franklin’s departure,” Variety notes. “Franklin accused Behar of spearheading a campaign to oust him by fabricating allegations and distorting incidents. He also accused Behar of leaking the allegations to the press.”

Behar’s response, in which he denies speaking to the press about the allegations and says he participated only reluctantly in an internal investigation, includes a declaration from Silisha Platon, Warner Bros.’ vice president of labor relations, who led the internal investigation.

“She said that seven women were interviewed as part of the investigation, who related that Franklin had fostered a toxic work environment. One told the investigator that Franklin seemed angry at women and did not respect their opinions, while others quoted offensive comments he had made,” Variety reports.

Franklin also allegedly said of one staffer: “She is probably going to be pregnant next season. I wish I could make all the women on my staff get hysterectomies.”

Variety adds: “Franklin would talk about orgies he had over the weekend, according to another woman. Two witnesses said that Franklin invited the writers to come to his mansion for the week, and the women were reminded to bring their bikinis.”

Please click on the link above to Variety for additional material from Platon’s declaration.

Your Comment

Email (will not be published)