WarnerMedia has named a team of executives who will work under Otter Media CEO Tony Goncalves to run the company’s HBO Max streaming service.
“HBO Max is slated to launch in the spring of 2020, with some 10,000 hours of content, including originals, library titles and licensed programming. WarnerMedia hasn’t announced pricing,” Variety reports. “As previously announced, Goncalves reports to Robert Greenblatt, chairman of WarnerMedia Entertainment and Direct-To-Consumer. Goncalves leads the team handling product design, customer experience and lifecycle, acquisition and retention marketing, data reporting and insights, business development, and go-to-market strategy and business operations.”
Operations for HBO Max are led by Andy Forssell, EVP and general manager, WarnerMedia Direct-to-Consumer, who reports into Goncalves.
Variety reports that the new team, which reports to Forssell, includes:
- Sarah Lyons, SVP of product experience, who previously held various positions within DirecTV including VP of OTT media products, responsible for the DirecTV Now product, and the launch of its AT&T TV video platform;
- Katie Soo, SVP of growth marketing, who hails from Warner Bros., Hulu and Dollar Shave Club;
- Keith Camoosa, SVP of data insights and operations, who was formerly in Warner Bros.’ research and analytics department;
- Jess Miller, VP of project management, who was instrumental in the launch of AT&T’s DirecTV Now service; and
- Reid DeRamus, senior director of business operations, who was formerly with Otter Media’s Crunchyroll anime business.
We encourage readers to click on the link above to Variety for additional details about the appointments.