Fox executives said the competition show “Our Little Genius” may eventually be revived, the Los Angeles Times reports.
The show was supposed to debut this week after “American Idol” but was pulled just a few days ago over concerns that the young children who were contestants had been improperly coached, by receiving too much information about the subjects of the questions (although not the answers). The irregularity was brought to Fox’s attention by the company that produces the show, Mark Burnett Prods. .
The paper reported that Fox Entertainment President Kevin Reilly said Monday at the TCA gathering on Monday in Pasadena that "The sanctity of these competitions is extremely important. This was something that happened at the producing level, [there was] a miscommunication in which two producers who were responsible for handling the kids [provided] information that was potentially overlapping that could seem to have compromised" the integrity of competition.