PBS’s "NewsHour" will be embracing a huge multiplatform approach for its election night coverage on Tuesday, Nov. 2, the program has announced.
According to the announcement, "NewsHour’s" special election coverage on Nov. 2 includes:
1) Live video stream of "NewsHour" election coverage.
2) Election night LIVE webcast special airing 10 p.m.-11 p.m. and a special broadcast 11 p.m.-midnight on-air and online, both hosted by Jim Lehrer.
3) Live blog with up-to-the-minute updates on key races, video of key speeches and analysis by "NewsHour" regulars and dispatches from local PBS stations.
4) Video features will also include a midterm election highlights mash-up video.
5) A special results page will house live AP results data and feature the Patchwork Nation map and graphics that demonstrate any shifts in balance of power, among other features.
6) A social media stream highlighting people’s election comments on Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and AIM as well as comments by political analysts selected by the "NewsHour" staff.