The new season premiere of "The Real Housewives of New York City" has been pushed back because it lacks catfights and drama, reports the New York Post’s Page Six.
According to the story, Bravo executive Andy Cohen emailed the show’s cast, which includes Jill Zarin, Kelly Bensimon and Countess LuAnn de Lesseps, noting, "We decided yesterday that our best bet was to give ourselves a little breathing room. I would rather get the show right than rush it to air."
The article continued, ""They wanted the ladies to fight like cats and dogs, but they got along," said a source. "[But] [the housewives] are now freaking out that they’ll get fired for being boring and replaced by more fiery women." Some of the cast members are also frustrated after planning splashy viewing parties at clubs for the premiere.
Braveo had already been running promos for the scheduled Feb. 15 debut, the story notes. Now the premiere is likely to air in March or April, while the new franchise "The Real Housewives of Miami" will premiere on Feb. 22, the story adds.
In a statement to the Post, Cohen said, ""No conspiracy here, folks. We have an embarrassment of riches with Miami and New York, and I assure you that ‘the Real Housewives of NYC’ will be well worth the wait."