Logo

Simon Cowell’s Production Company Aggressively Defending Itself Against Accusations of Contest Fixing

Jun 3, 2011  •  Post A Comment

Simon Cowell’s production company is angrily denying allegations that two of its signature television programs–the U.K. shows "Britain’s Got Talent" and "X Factor"–fixed their competitions by picking winners from the start, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Reps for Cowell’s company, Syco, said the company is taking legal action, and the company was believed to be contacting police to investigate the claims.

Syco said it is taking action against a website for posting a memo that purports to be from a Sony Music executive, which claims the shows engaged in insider fixing, the story says.

One allegation is that 12-year-old Ronan Parke, who is favored to win on "Britain’s Got Talent" this weekend, had been under contract with and styled by Syco for two years before even appearing on the program, the story says.

Producers said there is "absolutely no truth" to the allegations, according to the story.

Your Comment

Email (will not be published)