A fall in a South American hotel was not caused by drugs, "American Idol" judge Steven Tyler told Matt Lauer by phone on the "Today" show, according to the Los Angeles Times’ Ministry of Gossip blog. Tyler said the fall was caused by food poisoning.
"I was in the shower and I got nauseous, and I started to get sick and I just, I fell on my face and I just passed out," Tyler told Matt Lauer on the phone. (To see the video, click here.)
Tyler said he needed four stitches on his eye, and a hospital helped fix a tooth that had been knocked out. Asked whether this was a "fall off the wagon," Tyler responded that while it is natural to think that, it isn’t true. He added, "It still bothers me" that people might think that, according to the report.