Two months after a toxicology report revealed that Amy Winehouse had no illegal drugs in her system when she died, as previously reported, the coroner has released the results of an inquest into the singer’s death, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The conclusion, according to the story, is that Winehouse died from alcohol poisoning.
The coroner in London ruled it “death by misadventure,” attributed to Winehouse’s voluntary consumption of excessive alcohol.
Winehouse, who was 27 when she died July 23, struggled publicly with alcohol and drugs throughout her career.
The story reports: “A pathologist’s report found that Winehouse had consumed a ‘very large quantity of alcohol,’ and was more than five times the legal limit when she died.”
The report notes that Winehouse had a tiny frame and bronchial problems, which could have made her more susceptible to the effects of alcohol.