Logo

Cops Reportedly Close to Finishing Re-Investigation of Natalie Wood’s Death

Jan 11, 2012  •  Post A Comment

A contre-investigation into Natalie Wood’s death in 1981 has thus far found that there is no evidence to suggest anything beyond an accident, reports the Los Angeles Times. The case hasn’t been closed, but an official in the Sheriff’s Department said it’s unlikely any new information will come to light on how Wood died, the story says.

"At this point, it is an accidental death," said chief of detectives William McSweeney.

Detectives undertook interviews and reviewed the original case file, and also visited Hawaii to look at the boat where Wood was last alive, the story says.

According to the L.A.Times report, "Nearly two months after they began a controversial new investigation into Natalie Wood’s death while sailing off Santa Catalina Island in 1981, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department detectives have found no evidence to suggest that the cause was anything but accidental.

"Although the case has not been closed, a top Sheriff’s Department official said it’s highly unlikely any new ground will be broken on how the actress died."

TVWeek Open Mic blogger Chuck Ross has previously written extensive entries on the re-opening of this case. The first can be found if you click here.

The second can be found if you click on this sentence.

Your Comment

Email (will not be published)