HBO has pushed back the season premiere of one of its dramas. While the first two seasons debuted in spring, season three of “Treme” will be delayed until fall 2012, reports the New Orleans Times-Picayune.
David Simon, co-creator of the New Orleans-based show, told the publication he’s fine with the news. He then joked, "It just doesn’t matter. I don’t pull an audience no matter when they put me on."
More seriously, Simon added, “I just want to have it be there for re-watch, for download and for DVDs. That’s where people found ‘The Wire.’ Nobody watched ‘The Wire’ when it was on the air. Nobody watched it on Sunday nights. People come to it when they come to it. So far as what HBO does, as long as I get a shot to finish this, that’s all I really care about.”
Simon said he envisions four seasons of "Treme," but HBO has yet to greenlight a fourth season.
The newspaper expects that HBO will pair "Treme" with "Boardwalk Empire" for a September bow, with both shows running through the autumn. "Treme" is currently shooting in New Orleans — from November to May — and will present 10 episodes in season three.