Logo

WGA Ratifies Contract With AMPTP

Nov 23, 2004  •  Post A Comment

The Writers Guild of America has ratified a new three-year agreement with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers. Both the East and West guild branches approved the deal, which came after a highly contentious stand-off with the AMPTP lasting several months. The contract was ratified by 74 percent of WGA members, with the remaining 26 percent voting against.

“I am very pleased that the guild’s membership has voted so strongly in favor of ratifying our new contract,” WGAw President Daniel Petrie Jr. said in a statement. “Even though what we were able to achieve at the bargaining table fell short of many of our hopes, it is nevertheless a very good deal, one to be proud of, and my congratulations and thanks go out to all those who worked so hard for so long to bring it to fruition.”