Logo

THR

NBC Pulls Plug on Drama Series

Jun 23, 2015  •  Post A Comment

NBC has canceled a drama series, making the decision not to bring the show back after it completes its current third season. The series is “Hannibal,” which will end with its season-three finale on Aug. 27.

The Hollywood Reporter’s Live Feed reports that the “Silence of the Lambs” prequel, created by Bryan Fuller, will air its full 13-episode third season.

“Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that there may have been a rights issue at the center of the decision to end the series as Fuller had wanted to introduce Clarice Starling in season four, with the rights to the character previously portrayed by Jodie Foster said to be unavailable,” THR notes. “Producers Gaumont TV are currently exploring options to find another home for the series, with EP Martha DeLaurentiis confirming as much via Twitter.”

In a statement, Fuller said: “[NBC Entertainment exec] Jen Salke and her team have been fantastic partners and creatively supportive beyond measure. Hannibal is finishing his last course at NBC’s table this summer, but a hungry cannibal can always dine again. And personally, I look forward to my next meal with NBC.”

The series delivered 2.57 million viewers for its season opener June 4, falling to 1.66 million a week later when it was up against the NBA Finals, the report notes.

hannibal-nbc-title

One Comment

  1. This season has been unbearably tedious to watch.

Your Comment

Email (will not be published)