Two actresses are way ahead of the pack on the new list of the highest-paid actresses in TV, just out from Forbes magazine, and in fact are tied with each other for No. 1.
Sofia Vergara of ABC’s “Modern Family” and Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting of CBS’s “The Big Bang Theory” each banked $28.5 million during the period from June 1, 2014, to June 1, 2015, the magazine reports. For Vergara, it’s her fourth consecutive year at the top of the list. Cuoco-Sweeting, who got together last year with her “Theory” co-stars Jim Parsons and Johnny Galecki to negotiate salaries reportedly reaching $1 million per episode, arrives at the top of the list for the first time.
Here’s the top 10:
1. (tie) Sofia Vergara and Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting: $28.5 million
3. Julie Bowen: $12 million
4. Ellen Pompeo: $11.5 million
5. Mariska Hargitay: $11 million
6. (tie) Juliana Margulies and Amy Poehler: $10.5 million
8. Mindy Kaling: $9 million
9. (tie) Kerry Washington and Patricia Heaton: $7 million