NY Post

Media Mogul’s House Burns Down

Dec 14, 2015  •  Post A Comment

The CEO of a major media company escaped a late-night fire at the house he was renting and then watched as the house burned down. The New York Post reports that the fire last week at the Connecticut home of Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes was probably caused by embers from a fireplace.

“Five fire engines assisted with extinguishing the blaze and stayed until 4 a.m. [Monday, Dec. 7],” the Post reports. “Bewkes was said to be staying in the rental property while renovating a home he acquired for $19 million in nearby Riverside.”

Despite the incident, Bewkes “suited up for the UBS Global Media and Communications Conference hours later to gin up some investor excitement for his company’s stock and 2016 film slate,” the story reports.

Your Comment

Email (will not be published)