A new series on WE tv set a ratings record for the cable network. WE tv announced that the Feb. 24 premiere of “Mama June: From Not to Hot” delivered 2.3 million viewers to rank as the network’s most-watched series premiere in history.
The series, in which “Honey Boo Boo” mom June Shannon embarks on a journey to shed weight and undergo a life transformation, also was the day’s No. 1 cable program among women and the top program in its time period on ad-supported cable, according to WE tv. The network cites Nielsen Live+3 data.
Among the highlights reported by WE tv for the Feb. 24 premiere in L+3:
- 2.294 million total viewers, an increase of 61% over live/same day
- 1.13 million adults 25-54, an increase of 84% over live/same day
- 1.089 million adults 18-49, an increase of 88% over live/same day
- 839,000 women 25-54, an increase of 84% over live/same day
- 802,000 women 18-49, an increase of 89% over live/same day
Said Marc Juris, WE tv president: “At a time when so much is competing for viewers’ attention, Mama June’s journey is proof that great storytelling with compelling characters can break out and deliver a significant and engaged audience. Mama June shares an honest, emotional and relatable story that is empowering as well as entertaining. ‘Mama June: From Not to Hot’ puts the ‘real’ in reality.”
The show’s second episode premieres this Friday, March 3, at 10 p.m. ET/PT on WE tv.