A new report examines how professionals in the real estate industry feel about a TV genre that has become a staple in recent years thanks to HGTV. The report published by Fox News focuses on home improvement shows such as “Property Brothers,” “Fixer Upper” and “Love It or List It.”
The report sums up nine reasons why the real estate pros say viewers should stop watching these types of shows:
- Knocking down walls isn’t that easy
- Transactions, and transformations, take a LOT of time
- Negotiations don’t typically go down in coffee shops
- Obtaining permits requires way more patience
- Producers create unnecessary drama
- Real estate can ruin relationships
- Sellers don’t care about your renovation budget.They care about the comps in the neighborhood.
- HGTV worships false budgets
- Bigger renovations don’t always equal bigger ROIs
We encourage readers to click on the link above to Fox News for the reasoning behind each of the issues.