“60 Minutes” executive producer and CBS News mainstay Jeff Fager won’t be returning to his job as scheduled following his vacation, with the AP reporting that the newsman has decided to stay out until the network’s investigation into sexual misconduct allegations wraps up.
A New Yorker article published late last month, focusing largely on claims of sexual misconduct by CBS CEO Leslie Moonves, prompted the investigation. The article includes allegations of inappropriate behavior by Fager.
The article by Ronan Farrow paints a picture of what has been described as a culture of harassment at the network.
CBS has not said whether Fager, who has denied any wrongdoing, is a part of the investigation. But the network confirmed Sunday that Fager would not be back at work today as scheduled.
In a statement, CBS News said: “Having heard the investigation will be wrapping up soon, Jeff has decided to stay on vacation.” The network did not provide further details on when it expects the investigation to be completed.
Moonves remains on the job during the investigation, a decision that has stirred up criticism of the network.