Donald Trump’s latest war of words is being waged against a contestant in his own Miss USA Pageant, E! Online reports.
Sheena Monnin, Miss Pennsylvania, resigned from that position earlier this week, saying Sunday’s contest was fixed. Trump responded during an appearance today on “Good Morning America” in which he called Monnin’s assertion “absolutely ridiculous.”
Said Trump: "I think that, frankly, she should apologize, but we will be bringing a lawsuit against her. She lost and if you look at her compared to the people who were in the top 15, you would understand why she’s not in the top 15. It’s a very, very sad situation."
The story reports: “Monnin wrote on her Facebook page Monday that she ‘witnessed another contestant who said she saw the list of the Top 5 BEFORE THE SHOW EVER STARTED proceed to call out in order who the Top 5 were before they were announced on stage saying she saw the list of the Top 5.’
"’After it was indeed the Top 5 I knew the show must be rigged; I decided at that moment to distance myself from an organization who did not allow fair play and whose morals did not match my own,’ the 27-year-old brunette added. ‘In good conscience I can no longer be affiliated in any way with an organization I consider to be fraudulent, lacking in morals, inconsistent, and in many ways trashy.’"
Trump attributed Monnin’s actions to “loser’s remorse.” He would not name the contestant who allegedly knew the top 5 in advance, but said the organization had "already interviewed that person and that person said it’s not true."
The report notes: “Shortly after Trump’s vow to sue Monnin, she posted on her Facebook page: ‘At this time I am considering which media outlet to give my first interview. Thank you for your encouragement, support, and kind words.’"