TV viewers have a number of options for following the election results tonight, and it extends well beyond the regular coverage by broadcast and cable news outlets. Besides full coverage on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, Fox News and other networks, a number of specials have been scheduled for tonight.
The New York Times lists the following specials:
- “The View Live Election Special,” at 9 on Lifetime
- “Fusion’s All Def Digital Roast of America,” at 9 on Fusion
- “Stephen Colbert’s Live Election Night Democracy’s Series Finale,” at 11 on Showtime
- “Desus & Mero,” at 11 on Viceland
- “The Daily Show With Trevor Noah: Democalypse 2016 Live,” at 11 on Comedy Central, MTV, Spike, TV Land and VH1
The Hollywood Reporter’s Live Feed notes that another option is The Weather Channel’s counterprogramming event “Escape the Election,” a nine-hour chill marathon that the network describes as “clouds, rainbows, autumn splendor and smooth jazz [to] evoke tranquility.”
THR also notes American Heroes Channel’s “Founding Fathers: Masters of Deceit,” which the publication calls “an option for those so disenchanted that they want to be let down by American history in addition to the American present.”
Straight-up election night coverage begins at 6 p.m. on Fox Business and Fox News; 7 p.m. on ABC, Bloomberg, CBS, CNBC, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, Telemundo and Univision; and 8 p.m. on C-Span, Fox, NY1 and PBS.