CBS continues to face fallout from the sexual misconduct scandal that brought down former CBS Corp. CEO Leslie Moonves and triggered a lengthy internal investigation. The New York Post reports that leaks last week from that investigation “are threatening to create a deluge of legal liability for the broadcasting giant.”
The publication reports that Jeff Fager, the former executive producer of “60 Minutes,” is considering suing the network over a Dec. 6 New York Times story citing a confidential draft report generated by the internal probe. The Times report detailed the company’s allegations against Fager.
The latest news comes just days after word surfaced that Moonves was threatening to sue CBS over similar leaks.
“Fager’s lawyers, like Moonves’, are expected to argue that CBS breached Fager’s contract when the draft report was leaked to the Times, sources close to the situation told The Post,” the publication reports, adding: “CBS may have more than Moonves and Fager to worry about. According to one source, some of the women named in the New York Times stories also are mulling lawsuits against the broadcaster, arguing that they spoke to CBS investigators on the condition of anonymity.”
The Post adds: “The leaks came from a draft report compiled by law firms Debevoise & Plimpton and Covington & Burling at the behest of the CBS board. The board’s investigation concluded on Friday and is no longer ongoing, sources told The Post.”
The report quotes an insider saying: “It has moved from the investigating environment to being showed to the board.”